Thursday, October 13, 2011

RANT: Is this what success all about????


OK, I’ll try and keep this short.

I’m presently transitioning from HR to another Bureau within my present agency. It’s been known amongst my fellow assistant’s that this job was taking up way too much of my time, adding too much stress, and just basically becoming too much to deal with on a daily basis. My health deteriorated, my mindset fell flat, and I fell into the moral level of the office- which is nonexistent- I became so negative, always upset- ready to curse out people at the drop of a hat and treating customers as if they were nothing but problems. I felt like this was gonna be it for me and didn’t have any hope. Until one day, I got this phone call- which would change my life eventually. Fast forward to present day; I interviewed for my new position, and ultimately got selected for the job- I hit the floor, cried tears of joy and everything and THANKED GOD.
 I told my fellow assistants and the response……”oh ok…..well….i’m happy for you” -_- now I wasn’t expecting shouts of hallelujah or kisses and hugs- but to see them both respond so nonchalant and almost envious of the situation….had me feeling like “OK, it’s like that”.
In the few weeks that followed, I watched as the attitudes increased so you know what I did? Kept to myself- hey yall, bye yall. I was temporarily detailed to service another office on the opposite side of the HR division I was in and was not only required to move but was told to no longer do work for that office I presently worked for, which meant the only 2 remaining assistants now had to do all the work. I felt very bad about this, I put myself and their shoes and felt like I should do something and when I found this out, I only shared it with my supervisor (of course she wanted to talk in the hallway and they overheard) and every day fought for clarification, I didn’t want to leave them high and dry so soon, it wasn’t fair; but at the same time what was I gonna do?? Disregard what the deputy director of Human Resources told me??? Gthoh my own supervisor was too noncaring and nonchalant herself and didn’t stand up for her employee’s and tell them “hey, she is vital to this side of the house, we need her” but it is what it is.
Sooo, like I said both basically STOPPED the whole sisterly “we are all in this together” façade almost immediately after finding out I left. I got so much attitude when I did feel like ‘OK, despite the attitude I’m going to attempt to have a convo with them today”, and just a negative vibe from them both and I’m sitting here like WOW??? I wasn’t expecting this; here I was under the impression that I was the “little sister” (how funny that I’m normally the most mature about the situations) and these two, grown women are treating me as if I spit in their oatmeal this morning.
 Now I’m approaching my last week and they are going OVER…..and…..BEYOND to generate any type of friction; sending people my way without first researching to see if it’s something they can handle, if I forward them work they sending back emails that make no sense, and one even went as far to delete me off of her Facebook- which I have no problem with, I delete people freely; but at the same time “WTH HAVE I DONE TO YOU, HONESTLY???” and “WHY AREN’T YOU WOMEN ENOUGH TO TALK ABOUT IT???” you claim to be so real, so much of a grown women yet you can’t say “damn, that was messed up how you did this, or how you did that”.

It’s all so childish to me, I’m going over and beyond to complete as much as I can so I won’t have anything to leave behind and look how you treating me? SMDH.
I know I have a short fuse, my temper is BAD, but I HAVE NOT and WILL NOT approach these women, why? Because I know the outcome; it won’t be pretty; and this might be the reason why neither of them are approaching me either.
 I’m praying, taking the necessary steps to better this temper and am admitting to this fault . my friend told me when I spoke to him about it that “you should be thankful to god that he showed you their true colors now than before you left and wouldn’t be able to see them” and he’s absolutely right. God had me temporarily detailed so I would be removed from the negative area in which I used to sit and I truly believe this is what sparked the animosity.
This is the time I should be utilizing constructively to prepare myself for my new career, new coworkers, new office, and new opportunities. I haven’t said anything to either of them other than hello for the past few days, not because I have an attitude or anything but because I honestly cannot believe their behavior; both of these people are OLDER than me, both with CHILDREN Smh.
What I’m not gonna do is allow them to control my happiness. THEY OR ANYBODY ELSE CAN’T TAKE MY JOY, BECAUSE THEY DIDN’T GIVE IT T ME!!!!.
I refuse to fight fire with fire, stoop to their level, or attempt to “get even”. Both of these ladies are believers so they know full well what they are doing. I won’t do anything but keep smiling, keep giving it my all till my last day in that office and then after that I won’t look back at all. Not because I want recognition, but because I know that no matter what you come up against you hold on to God’s word, keep your faith and remain both respectful and professional.
I’m gonna quiet myself, stay to myself, and do what I gotta do I’ll keep them and the rest of that office in my prayers though, because Lord knows it’s only by his grace that I was able to keep my composure for so long. I actually sat here like a fool today and tried to pick out what I did that made them turn on me like this, but I honestly couldn’t find anything within my control. I befriended my coworkers because we are in the same age range, we were seemingly on the same success by any means path and we were all females. HOWEVER, to have it come to this, is completely disheartening and unfortunate.
I knew I said I was gonna keep this short, but man oh man….am I glad I got it off my chest. And if either of you come across this, may god continue to bless you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment