Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hairapy: Benefits of CoWashing Part II

OK LADIES,

As promised here’s my regimen.

I presently wear half wigs and lace fronts due to the fact I work fulltime, go to school fulltime and although I have long, thick hair- I want to keep it! So these are protective styles. As with any protective style I utilize no heat on my natural hair, I use only products that DO NOT contains petroleum or mineral oil. There are also some silicones that I look out for, as a relaxed lady you MUST in order to maintain healthy hair. I’ll find that list and post it later down the line.

I wash my hair once every two weeks (I find that personally washing my hair TOO much I lose hair) I alternate using shampoo one wash and co-washing the next. When I co-wash I use

Alberto V05 Moisture Milk Conditioner (they have different types, but I tend to use the strawberryncream one)

I simply slowly and carefully detangle my hair, wet, and then massage the conditioner into my hair. I work the conditioner as if it is shampoo, it’s very loose so it’s very easy to do so.
For the first co-wash after massaging I rinse, I put in a little more conditioner then let it sit. Depending on your hair, you may wish to by-pass this step, but again because I have thick hair, I use all the moisture this stuff can suck up. After I let it sit, normally 5-15 mins, I rinse. I squeeze, then lightly pat my hair dry (please remember hair is at it’s most fragile state wet) I spray my towel dried hair with THROWBACK Infusium 23 Provitamin Leave-in Treatment (all varieties except the maximum body cater to relaxed, permed, or color-treated hair)

I don’t soak my hair with it, I just spray enough to ensure that I’ve covered my entire head. I let it sit for a min or 2 then I comb it through, following up with either Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Leave-In conditioner or Hawaiian Silky 14 N 1 Miracleworker


I seal my hair with 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I will be trying Castor Oil soon) Before my hair air drys I braid it up in two pigtails put on a satin bonnet. In the AM I bobby pin my pigtails and put on a wig cap; if I wear a half wig I do my normal separation in the front, if I wear lace I secure my whole head and do what I gotta do.

As with all regimen’s you learn by trial and error, learn your hair- the healthy way and use the products that give you the desired results.

No comments:

Post a Comment