Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Make Money Online - Textbroker

Everyday I hear a new tale about someone who either does not make enough money at a job to pay the bills, or someone who has lost a job and is in panic mode. I understand that panic mode, and that is why I will be offering a series of articles called "Make Money Online." This will be a review of each website that offers a legitimate way to make money on the Internet. 

The problem with people making money on the Internet is that there are a lot of scam artists out there trying to steal your money. One rule you should use when deciding if an online work opportunity is legitimate is to never pay someone to work. If someone promises you a fortune each month stuffing email envelopes for the low start-up fee of $55, then walk away. It is a scam.

I will only discuss websites that I have personal experience with so that I can offer an accurate first-hand account of it. I will offer a lot of opinions and I will give you my views on the results I get using the websites in the way that I use them. I will always include a link so you can check out the site for yourself and find out what it has to offer. If I missed something, please come back and leave a comment. We would all love to have updated information.

Textbroker is a good place to start.
This article is about the freelance writing site known as Textbroker.

There are a lot of things I like about Textbroker, and some things I do not like. But, to be honest, my overall opinion of Textbroker is extremely positive.

The first thing I like about Textbroker is that the people that run the company seem to genuinely care about its writers. There is an informational blog where writers can ask questions and the company recently updated its pay schedule to pay every Friday for articles approved by Thursday. You have to request your payment, but to do that you just need to click the "Pay Out" button on the "Account" tab.

It seems like Textbroker is always trying to find new ways to make its writers money. In the last month, the company has made the pay schedule change, introduced a TeamOrders concept where clients can give work to a pool of selected writers instead of one particular writer and launched the enhanced profile which helped me to get three direct clients in the first two weeks I used it.

The Textbroker application process has become more comprehensive, but it is still relatively easy to get accepted. As long as you are able to follow instructions and can formulate sentences in English, you have a very good chance at getting in.

Once you are accepted to Textbroker, the first thing you should do is complete your enhanced profile. It can take a couple of hours and includes several writing samples that you have to write, but it is one of the most powerful marketing tools you will have on Textbroker. Spend time on your writing samples. Be sure you have no spelling or glaring grammatical errors in them. Like I said earlier, the enhanced profile has already brought me private clients, so it well worth the effort.

The one thing that can be annoying about Textbroker is the low-paying work you have to take in order to get in line for private clients. Your ultimate goal on Textbroker is to gain private clients that pay well for the work you do, and Textbroker has a lot of resources in place to help you find these clients. But, as I said, you need to write a lot of low-paying articles to get to the higher-paying private work. The per hour rate is low, but the payoff can be substantial.

Textbroker is like a huge freelance writing introduction service. The posted work is used by clients to find writers worthy of private work. At least the try-outs are paid. Textbroker is also your chance to get used to writing for an Internet content provider. It is a great way to gain experience and build up your writing skills.

Just when I think I want to give up on Textbroker, it does something to bring me back. That is why I will probably always write for Textbroker in some capacity. It seems like a solid company that will be around for a while. If you are looking for another source of income, or another online client to add to your revenue-generating options, then you should definitely check out Textbroker.

No comments:

Post a Comment