Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hairapy- DRY Scalp!!!!

I know i'm not alone when i say that the winter does a number on your hair. Recently i've stopped wearing half-wigs (I WILL START AGAIN FOR THE SUMMER!!) and focused on bettering the condition of my hair, it's growing beautifully, stronger than ever, and seems to be rebounding well from my progressively HARSH bleach/color/relaxer/rinse phase. Now that it's winter time i'm having an even harder time with my hair, primarily because my scalp gets dry quickly, and it also cannot handle alot of oil/grease. it puts me in a bad situation because i do have long, THICK hair- which is already hard to keep clean; but factor in the fact that it's JET BLACK and you have some comb thru mornings and i'm like WTF?!?!?!. I'm experimenting with oils/cremes etc to get control over this situation, i was told by a stylist to start with a good clarifying shampoo, i'm still researching on what to try; i'm also trying this new product by SoftSheen Carson, called "Optimum Care Dandruff Solutions-Daily Flake Control" i lightly (that is the key) dabbed a bit in several quick parts in my hair and brushed it into a style- so far, so good. my hair isn't as itchy- but the directions on the bottle suggest using this product 3 to 4 times a day- which anyone with relaxed hair knows just isn't realistic. however if i see in a few days my hair becomes dirty and/or itchy i will apply more. it's a water based type of liquid which isn't very thick at all- but i was afraid it would wet my roots too much, but again i lighly placed it in a few areas. again, so far so good, i'm hoping it works out so i can maintain my schedule of washing my hair every 2 weeks.

 Optimum Care Dandruff Solutions Daily Flake Control Link

No comments:

Post a Comment