Saturday, December 4, 2010

Forbidden love (The Poem)


I never thought I’d feel this way about anyone
You’ve entered a realm of me that I never knew existed…until I found you
I’ve been down this road before, only to be lead astray and left empty
Broken promises, lies and betrayal
But all that bound itself to the past, as soon as you gave me what I sought
So much time has passed; and even though we parted- this craving for you is so strong
 Not just sexual, mentally, emotionally, even physically; you’ve reached that part and made your mark
Am I foolish for succumbing to my yearnings? Am I stupid for still holding you so dear?
Maybe so, it feels so forbidden
I feel your lessoning your presence, in an effort to give me an opportunity to experience the love of another
And while I understand, you need to understand. That’s a decision that’s mine to make
I want so bad to enjoy the yesterdays; but I understand that just can’t be
It hurts to know, but I live eachday
- in constant wonder, in momentary fear, and sometimes insanity
What have you done to me? Do you understand the way I feel?
As I get better, I am still hopeful- blinded by fairy tales thoughts of what could be?
Not realizing this isn’t even up to me anymore. I hold on to what I think Is mine
But I can’t have; it feels so forbidden
No one understands my mindstate- I don’t know what direction I want to go in
I just hope that direction ends up in your arms again; but in a better relationship
Those lies, that betrayal- you brought that back into my world
And I did what I’ve done- funny how history repeats itself
I look at what I’ve been through, and sing should’ve, could’ve, would’ve
But we can’t change the past, or push back the time
We can only move forward, and you got me thinking that forward motion- doesn’t include me
My feelings run so deep for you; I feel foolish for being this way
After all this time
After  all that pain
Why does my heart still want you-nothing but you?
He could never feel that void
They could never take my place
So tell me, honestly- why?
I’ve taken the beat seat; and it feels like so much comes before me
What makes me hold on?
Why do I seek something that may never be mine again?  
Guess we always want what we can’t have- it feels so forbidden

No comments:

Post a Comment