Monday, November 22, 2010

Who Are These People? (The Poem)

Who Are These People?

I see them smiling at me, but I can’t help but try to decide
If these “friends” are who they say they are or snakes in disguise
You see, it’s funny how they get real religious when I’m speaking in terms
But once I’m not around, I’m the first bitch “friendship” bridge they burn
Switching sides like lights turn on the concrete street
I don’t know weather they should be standing in my face, or slithering at my feet
I understand how you gonna play your position and play this dirty game
But for you to turn from ride or die to a flaky motherfucker like that; is a got damn shame
Nobody understands Loyalty; Family and a Conscience must don’t mix
Because everybody walking around acting real shifty like they smoking that white shit
Disobeying the code; loving the opposing side but quick to holler and fuss in an affiliation
Makes a confused individual like me THAT much frustrated; I no longer have the patience
Everybody’s looking out for nobody but themselves, ain’t that some bullshit?
First one’s quick to call themselves defending you; knees come falling flat on the pulpit
Their angel wings must be tucked behind those damn horns cause I sure don’t see their good deeds
Living in that fantasy world must really be the way to do; well not for me

No comments:

Post a Comment