Monday, November 22, 2010

The Right of way....(The Poem)

I'm raising the white flag of surrender....to GOD
i was dealt this hand called life, and I'm sitting trying shuffle the cards
and with each card, each situation seems to weigh more
i can't help but think that what i face is more than i bargained for
so since i can't seem to fight alone, i must call on the most high
"vengeance is mine" he said, so my victory everytime won't be denied
i must let go of my control, allow myself to feel free from this bitterness and pain
be the strong woman I've become, and walk tall against the coming rain
resisting the temptation might be hard, but i can't fall if i crawl before i can walk
my faith and belief won't decrease if i change the way that i talk
accepting my situation for not what it is now, but what it is i want it to be
and if i get fed up, so be it, gotta move on; then i'll know it wasn't meant for me
there's nothing i can do to change the ways of a man to see what he has is one in a million
the type of woman who if you do right, be there for life, a Wife, Friend, Support, Mother of your children
but that's not gonna stop me from looking to the future and beyond my circumstance
because if not him...i know god will grant me a worthy man
selfish you might call me but I'm really not waiting for your decision
because if you never wake up or fall back in line, i'll always have a goal and must accomplish my own mission
I've allowed myself to live in fear, thinking i can't go on, might as well die; if i don't have you
although the bond is strong, I'll have to suffer while carrying on to do what i need to
my life is my own, i got dreams and wants and needs same as the next woman
and i'll be damned if i waste time sitting, waiting, anticipating;- not truly living them
my focus has changed; this is not an option i must give it away
if i don't i don't believe I'll see another blessing, won't live to see another joyous day
this is more of an affirmation, i could care less if you read this and give a care
just remember tomorrow's not promised, and neither am i to be there
i walk a long road, with my head held high- not letting the past hold me back

No comments:

Post a Comment