Monday, November 22, 2010

Soon You'll Understand (The Poem)

Although I must admit I’m hurting; I know soon we’ll both understand
That this decision has nothing to do with me being the wrong/right woman or you being the wrong/right man
It’s about feelings running deeper than we imagined; a break is something we’d both want to pursue
It’s about me finding out what lies ahead for me; and you finding out what lies ahead for you
No I’m not turning the page; I’m just putting a bookmark on this page and moving our book to the side
Titles might physically change; but in every aspect I’ll still always be your ride or die
I stand before you more humble than ever; emotionally distraught but willing to cope
Never hanging myself though; the ties that bind us together; I firmly hold that rope
Never letting go I won’t; as long as you make me one promise to ensure peace
That you’ll be honest, open, and halfway we’ll both always meet
Never be afraid to come to me; understanding will always overrule my emotions maybe not initially
As long as we provide the same love, more respect than before; I’ll never forget how much you mean to me
We’re maturing, at the same time and we’re not on the same level in some ways
But I know god’s gonna pull us through and back together; some form, I know we’ll see better days
And even though I may not understand at the moment; may come off a little bitter and over paranoid
It’s just because I didn’t picture it being this way + wasn’t prepared; but it’s not a negative I feel; it’s a working Polaroid
Woman on the grow, gaining experience in life, love and the pursuit of something real
Scared cause I don’t know what the future holds; all I can do is continue moving; it’s not about the depth of the situation, it’s about how I feel
Can you understand where I stand?, if not please allow me to elaborate
For us to be on one accord, same page, same lane, I’ll do whatever it takes
Let no other person take my place, you know I’ll do the same; just be real with It all
Best believe same way I’m there, god’s there for us whenever we fall
Let your heart stay with me and I promise to never forsake you
I’ll work my hardest to maintain, even while the present seems like something we can’t make it through

What I’m basically saying is don’t leave me in past
Bring me towards your future having full faith that I’m who I say and claim to be

No comments:

Post a Comment