Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Premature Album Preview: Beyonce "4"


A lil under 3 Weeks Early Huh??? I wonder whose getting the boot for that leak....

Anywayz, I've had the oppertunity to listen to the 12 tracks projected to be on Beyonce's "4" Album...and from first listen, it leaves alot to be desired. alot of growling...alot of oversinging...and of course that damn "Run the World" song I CANNOT stand.

First, let me state that I AM a beyonce fan....NOT A STAN..& there's a big difference.Some fans believe that an artist can put out no disappointing songs, they can do no wrong or what have you but realistically, every artist I'm a fan of I can name at least one song from each album that I don't particularly care for. Bey's reign has been long-winded, my girl has put in major work.....but this album! feels rushed, and like Lupe's album, I feel that again, those record execs were right there in the artists ear telling them what to do/ put it.
Now, I've only listened to this once, so I'm sure my opinion of these songs will change, however for the sake of passing on information to those of you who might buy this album, here are some brief notes on each track NOTE: I'm more than sure the deluxe edition will feature some tracks not listed here. Peep the tracks I DID like after....

1. 1+1
Slowed track.....the growling started here, Like J. Hud i'll never understand female artists who can actually sing having the need to growl so much....but I digress
RATING: 4 1/2 /5
2. I CareI LOVE this song....Talks about pain, but honestly made me feel somewhat good....
RATING 5 /5

3. I Miss You
This song really didn't do it for me....maybe cuz I can't sympathize with it right now....
RATING 3 /5

4. Best Thing I Never Had
I like this song...however I expected a rapper to come in at any moment...a follow up to "Irreplaceable" i presume...either way it's an empowerment song for ya'll
 RATING 3.5 /5

5. Party Ft. Andre 3000 & Kanye West
I LOVE this song....for the 1st part that Ye is on it (a simple hook, nothing major)...the 2nd 3 Stacks is too!!! although stacks really didn't WOW me like he normally does on his features....IN STILL
RATING 4.5 /5

6. Rather Die Young
Though I don't agree with the message this song portrays...I know somebody will
RATING: 3.5 /5

7. Start Over
I LOVE this song...it reminds me of a few things in my life I wish I had the oppertunity to start over with
RATING: 4.5 /5 

8. Love On Top
This song is CUTE...I know the younger females will love it....I just can't get into it because I can't share the feelings at this moment, however I won't take away from my girls singing abilities on this one
RATING: 4.5 /5

9. Countdown
One of the best songs on the album....features a sample everyone will probably pick up on soons you hear it....a feel good track...all about HOV I'm sure
RATING: 5 /5

10. End Of Time
After the Hype of the preceding 2 tracks, this one slows the album down...not really feeling it.
RATING: 3 /5

11. I Was Here
This in my opinion should've been the album closer, a good song...
RATING: 4.5 /5

12. Run The World (Girls)
PERSONALLY I Don't like it.....
NO RATING

No comments:

Post a Comment