Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tallahassee Track Club

Since I blogged about the upcoming track & field World Championships this summer, it's only right that I share this story I produced about a group of professional track athletes who train down here in Tallahassee and are coached by FSU men's sprints coach Ken Harnden.

Zimbabwe native Brian Dzingai, a former FSU sprinter, unofficially started this group and recruited Romanian Angela Morosanu into the fold. Morosanu is a 400m hurdler and counts a European U-23 Championship title and World Indoor Championship bronze medal under her belt. Brit Michael Bingham only turned pro a little more than two years ago, but already has two silver medals in the 400m and 4x400m relay at the 2010 European Championships.

All three athletes and the two others who train fully with them, have their sights set on Daegu, which will be a precursor to next year's Olympics. Here's the video. Let me know what you think.



I couldn't use Bingham's soundbite in the story, but I put together a short clip on training in Tallahassee in a separate video.

No comments:

Post a Comment