Tuesday, April 26, 2011

On The Topic: FRIENDS

Starting a new segment called "on the topic" i'll try to at least once a week post a topic that'll get ya'll minds goin....
I Explicitly use this word with caution, as I’ve been on this earth almost 23 yrs. now (as if that’s a real long time)and have ran across some of the foulest of people; those whom constantly claim “VICTIM” but most often times are the “offender”, the liars, the betrayers, the users- I’ve met and dealt with them.  I’ve also run across people whom have changed my life in many ways, whether it’s through a tough situation or happy times; either way, I’ve learned something and it’s made me a better woman.
I don’t make a lot of friends for the simple fact that I enjoy spending time with myself. If you can’t enjoy being alone, why should you enjoy the company of someone else? Especially someone who’s not guaranteed to be there. IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU.
There was once a time where I searched for people whom I could make a circle with, I made friends with people I didn’t even like just to say “yeah, I have friends” (What a way to think!) after years of dealing with all the drama, bs, and just unhappiness an unfortunate situation like that can be I GAVE UP!, recently within the past year I grew tired of accepting people and their CONSTANT negative views on life, love, and relationships. I got tired of being around people whom I couldn’t be myself with, because I had to “conform” to what they thought life was about. I wasn’t being an individual, I was a follower- I was leading a life that wasn’t mine just so I could say “I have friends!” I hated the person I was becoming, all for the sake of being “friends”.
You never realize how toxic a situation is until your on the outside looking in. I mean, I was cool with somebody whom I thought was a reflection of me- but the more I was around this person- their negative ways, their drama/madness and all their issues I realized after a while we weren’t anything alike.
Now that those days are over, I’ve taken a new approach. As with everything in life, I realize I have no control over anything and that if God sees fit for someone whether it be a man or woman to be in my life, he will guide me to them and place them there. That’s not to say I’m not putting in any effort, but I’m allowing God to guide my steps.

I’m taking out time for me! I’m figuring out what I want and doin what makes me happy. I got rid of the foolishness, got my life BACK on track, and am now focusing on Ashley- Ashley’s home, Ashley’s Vehicle, Ashley’s career, Ashley’s education, and living the life Ashley needs to- in order to prepare for more blessings that I know god’s gonna push my way.


Now here are some songs that I appreciate about the topic of “FRIENDS”





  

No comments:

Post a Comment