Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Last Hurrah!

I produced my last newscast today, and it was a great way to end the show. The only thing that would've made it better was having my professor Leonard Horton, and my weather anchor Jessica Green, there. Professor Horton had an illness in his family and Jessica (from what I heard) was so pale that it was evident that she was struggling to not cancel on us. Both of them left early, but I'm extremely happy we represented them in their absence. If things had gone wrong, I'm sure they may have wondered if their absence contributed to it.

Earlier in the day, before he left, professor Horton asked me if I was feeling bittersweet. At the time, all I could muster was an 'ask me later.' At that time, I was still dealing with producing the show that I didn't have the time to think about what I had survived in the last 15 weeks.

But now I do. And I definitely am more appreciative of this experience I've had to go through. Not everyone can get to include a producer credit on their resume, which, if anyone who's talked to me on Tuesdays can attest is an arduous process when you are a virgin to the process.

I didn't do it for the potential awards I could get. In fact, I was pretty upset to find out I was tabbed to produce. But now that I'm done, and especially after closing the show on such a good note, few hours after I accepted an award as top graduate student of the year, I'm feeling a little bittersweet about walking away from the show because after all my great and not so great days, this was my show. This was my love this semester.

Here's a picture of my third award so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment