Monday, April 4, 2011

No Other Love (The Poem)


I’m writing this from a place deep within my heart, hear my soul.
You see this pain I’ve been feeling somehow keeps resurfacing, I gotta let it go.
I’m aware of my decisions and the consequences they bring,
But I’m at a loss of why I keep trying, keep forgiving.
Reaching out to the arms of those whom tell me they care.
But it seems only when they need me, that’s when they’re really there.
Foolishly I accept this defeat, not knowing that something greater than me
Already raised my hand, and claimed the victory.
You see I’ve been used, abused, hurt, and left for dead.
Excuse me If I seem a little distant, it’s just I’m accustomed to the word “fail”
I’ve been accused of doing wrong, when innocence should’ve been the only things held above my head
The man I sought love, commitment and approval from, never seemed to give me what I asked for
And the lack-luster friendships with those “takers” and “fakers” left me wanting more
I look back at all the tears I shed, the nights I sat wondering, and finally I realized
There’s no other love I need to seek, other than God’s_ he’s why I’m still alive
The only man, who never led me down the road of deception, keeps me grounded
The only friend I have that won’t seek to play both sides of the field leaves me astounded
I’ve been so confused all this time, not knowing what I was looking for what right before my eyes
I cherish this new-found ability to let go and stay clear of those people who aren’t meant to be in my life
Since I only have one opportunity, I only have one option to do my best, to make it right
The devil’s stronghold is no longer on my back- I’m greater than I was the day before
Those friendships, relationships, and other “missed” opportunities lead to God opening his doors
For me, now I understand I’ve sought so much from the wrong people who aren’t worthy
They only sought personal gratification, and ultimately only hurt me
Again, I realize that nothing in this world is greater than the love God has given me
And it may be tough but with my family, and God by my side, I’ll defeat these enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment