Sunday, September 25, 2011

Poem: Midnight Hour

Late at night when everyone else is sleep
I like to lay and fantasize about a life I wish I could lead
I don’t focus on the money, fancy clothes or cars
I don’t even think about becoming some sort of superstar
I think about a person whom I can call mine, whose there for me and I’m there for
Even when they give me what I need, leaves me wanting more
Never getting enough, I want that love that never shifts nor fades
I don’t want a night of passion, waking up alone-wishing he’d stayed
I dream of having the “one”; while others chose to think they met them multiple times
I just want that one man…..that I can know without a doubt is all mines.
Kind, caring, compassionate, sincere, honorable, trusting, and respectful- all key traits
I want somebody to go over and beyond- to the reasonably extent; to make us work & be happy- do all it takes
Not just laying it down in the bedroom, or looking like the king he is- although those weigh in my circumstance
I’m hoping he can embody the mindset of a leader, protector, and provider. I’m not looking for a young child or boy_ I want a Man
Committed to making everyday better than the day before it; giving attention and good at receiving it as well
I realize love is complex; there’s good and bad times-but I surely don’t want to be in a living hell
More than anything, while I’m laying there….alone…holding onto the pillow as if it’s the arms of my fantasy man
I can’t help but remember and focus on being alone. Maybe this is god’s divine plan.
I know I shouldn’t wish for things I don’t want to happen, so I treed softly in the area of love
I’ve tried making decisions involving my heart before, but I’ve failed- so I think it should be determined by the man above.
The lessons learned in the past will transform my future, as well as help me pick better partners
Love isn’t to be played with; it’s what gives us life. It’s an artform
So as the clock strikes 3 am and I realize my fantasy should end here so I can sleep
I regain my composure and don’t let a temporary moment of temptation leave me a lifetime of regret or pain from deceit

No comments:

Post a Comment