Saturday, September 10, 2011

Biblical Inspiration (Living the Single Life)

Originally Found via christian-single-woman.com inspiration-cafe

God’s Word is full of inspiration and promises. Every Christian should have a few victory verses to encourage you along the way or to help you trust what you know to be true about God, especially in difficult times. Here are just a few promises from God’s Word to inspire you. All scripture references below are from the New Living Translation (NLT).
__________________________________________________________________________________
  • “So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.”- Galations 6:9
  • “So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!” - Psalm 31:24
  • “Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.” - Joshua 1:8
  • “Take delight in the Lord and he will give you your heart’s desires.” - Psalm 37:4
  • “Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor! The Lord rescues them when they are in trouble.” - Psalm 41:1
  • “You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it.” - Matthew 21:22
  • “For the strength of the wicked will be shattered, but the Lord takes care of the godly.” - Psalm 37:17
  • “…The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.” - Psalm 84:11
  • “I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes.” - Job 42:5
  • “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.“ - Jeremiah 29:11
  • “We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin.” - Romans 6:6-7
  • “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” - 2 Corinthians 5:17
  • “If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.”- James 1:5
  • “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.” - Psalm 119:105
  • “The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.” - Psalm 18:2
  • “Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.”- Psalm 27:14
  • “Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.” – Philippians 4:11
  • “For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.” - Galations 3:26
  • “Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.” - I Timothy 4:12
  • “So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.” - Luke 11:13
  • “…obedience is better than sacrifice…” – I Samuel 15:22
  • “Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.” - Galations 5:26
  • “Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.” - I John 3:18
  • Get more Christian inspiration and quotes here.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment