Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Tribute to Babygirl.......


Seems like just yesterday i was up-wrapping my hair, combing a slanted part down the middle and "swooping" my then LONG bangs over my right eye and the rest of my hair falling down on my shoulders. now that i've grown, and my hair isn't as appealing getting in my eyes;i reminise on those good ol' days. i grew up with and on Aaliyah. after her passing, her final album that came with the DVD??? played it every morning to get ready. dancing and singing away LOL

she was so graceful, so positive, and angelic- this is coming from someone whom never met her a day in my life, but i could tell from interviews, candids, performances and the like just how amazing she was.

Tomorrow will mark the anniversary of her passing. if i remember correctly the day i found this out was the day before school started, i was going to either be in 8th or 9th grade (don't judge me for my bad memory =) but i realized just how innovative and creative this young lady was. after i told my mom what happened, i felt an emptyness in my heart- now again i never met Aaliyah, i just was inspired by her as a woman, and as an artist. at the time i was very deep into writting stories, and poetry; so to hear of such a tragic event happening- to someone so young, i realized that my life should be the best it can be while i'm here.

we all look at death as an oppertunity to reflect on the positive and negative aspects of the person whom passsed. but i tend to look at the legacy and imprint they left- when it's your time ladies and gentlemen, what will they have to say about you? what did you contribute? whose life did you change? what did you use your god given talent to accomplish?

so on the eve, i present some of the craft Aaliyah contributed to this world.










No comments:

Post a Comment