Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Poem "Searching".....

For so long now, I’ve been searching for what every woman dreams
I’m not talking about a fancy house, a new car, or material things

I’m searching for a place where I can go and not fear judgment
A person to be my rock when I’m broken in pieces; heaven sent

My confidant, I know I can lay my burdens on when life isn’t the norm
A kind word from his heart, keeps me going forth in my storm

Won’t put me second, always there when I call
Doing everything for the good of my life, every decision right- when I’m rising or when I fall

Late at night when the wrongs make their way into my heart
He holds me close, let’s me know I’m ok and that he’s right with me from the start

When others criticize me, in his eyes I’m made from his image
Each obstacle is surmountable; play the game of life as if it’s a scrimmage

The first thing I see when I wake up, the last person I talk to before I rest
Life wouldn’t be worth living if I didn’t give him my best

Foolishly for so long I’ve searched for this in the arms of a mortal man
But recently I learned for myself, if I kept searching- I wasn’t going to get far with that plan

I’ve rededicated my life to serving God because without him I am nothing
I’ve been wrong for over 2 years consistently; it’s about time I did something

I do not claim to be a perfect person but I do wish to be the best I can
And I know with god in my life, I can’t go wrong, he made me everything I AM

No comments:

Post a Comment