Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ke Nako

For a while, I've been meaning to post my documentary Ke Nako (It's Time!) on here for you all to view. But I had to save it in a smaller file to meet You Tube's limitations. I've finally been able to post it. Let me know what you think.

For those who are unaware, Ke Nako is a documentary about South Africa's journey from a dark history in apartheid, to hosting the first African-held FIFA World Cup in just 16 years since its first democratically-held elections. While in Cape Town and Johannesburg, I was fortunate to meet and interview several dignitaries like Alf Kumalo, Pitika Ntuli and Noor Ibrahim. None of these men were granting interviews at the time. Nor were they allowing cameras into their respective museums and exhibitions. Except mine. It was important for me to tell a story worth justifying the rare opportunity I'd been given. Nontombi Naomi Tutu, Archbishop Desmond Tutu's daughter, and Thabo Mxotwa, a Robben Island Museum tour guide, also helped tell the basis of this documentary.

I encourage your comments, opinions and criticism.




Here's also a link to a story I wrote about a soldier's experience with apartheid. I didn't have a video camera with me at the time, but here is his story in print: Remembering apartheid: A soldier's story

No comments:

Post a Comment