Friday, February 18, 2011

What Happened (The Poem)

What happened to the way things used to be?
Seems like I’ve gotten used to you, and you've gotten used to me.
What happened to the laughs we shared?
Times we spent.
I'm walking down memory lane
Trying to grasp ahold of every moment.
My heart is calling out to you, can you hear it speaking? My love is dwindling for you...instill it's lingering
Unfortunate but true, I understand that maybe I’m stabbing myself in the own heart
But I’ve felt this pain before; you were there to create the start
As I push to move forward, I can’t seem to find my own way
I rely on you to blindly lead this foolish girl back to love, and you keep leading me astray
My fault is that I love you too stupidly, believe in something that’s dead and gone
You have no authority to mean this much to me! You abused and abandoned your position, but my love was always too strong
My belief is gone; it hurts to know I no longer believe in us, you gave me no choice
Selfishly you put yourself before us, while I made you 2nd to God and Family only and now I must use my own voice
I’ve waited for return on those words you spoke, but they seem to only bring about more uncertainty
I have enough I’m dealing with, and I don’t need this constant reality bothering me
What you don’t realize right now, I pray you realize as your future grows near
I’ve been held down for so long, by my own actions, I can’t believe I lived in fear
Waiting, anticipating, and hoping that one day you’d wake up and realize what’s in right of your eyes
You spoke it into existence, you may not understand now, but soon you will realize

So to look around at where we stand right now, ask yourself “What Happened?”

I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment