Sunday, August 31, 2008

From Jacquie Richardson, a very close friend of Alex Ramos

Dear friends, I am writing this to people who I know love and care about Alex Ramos.He is in the hospital in critical condition. He is on a respirator. After several hours in the Emergency Room, he has just been transferred to the IntensiveCare Unit. He has nor regained consciousness, and now, he is in a drug induced coma to rest his brain. The best guess at this time, per the physician, is that he suffered from brain seizures and possibly an asthma attack. His vital signs are stable, finally. The worked on him for over an hour this morning to resuscitate him in the ER and performed many tests. He had a CT scan and his brain shows no sign of bleeding or anuerysm. Histox screens came back negative --no alcohol or drugs.Since I had not heard from Alex since yesterday at 5:30 PM, and sincehe had not checked his email for 15 hours, I became worried (If youknow Alex, you know he calls me frequently!). I called his apartmentmanager, Vicky, and told her that I had a bad feeling and if she sawAlex, would she call me and tell me he was alive. As we talked, Itold her that I did not want to impose on his right to privacy, but Iwas concerned that he might have fallen or that he was sick. Vickycalled her manager and made the brave decision to go into theapartment. Without going into details, Alex was unconscious, withshallow breathing and probably near death. Vicky called 9-1-1 andthey attempted to stabilize him and took him to the Emergency Room.ER Staff worked for another hour to stabilize him, using a handrespirator. He had a CT scan that revealed no bleeding or anuerysm.As I said, Tox screens came back negative. Based on the descriptionof how he was found (body and neck rigid/stiff), there is a strongsuspician that he suffered a seizure, and complications from asthma.I will keep you posted. Please, if you have a prayer in your heart,use if for Alex. He will be slowly weaned from the respirator whichwill leave us with some answers about how much damage has been doneearly tomorrow morning. Alex is loved by many people through outthe world and he needs you to pray for his recovery.As he always says...."God Bless!"JacquieRETIRED BOXERS FOUNDATIONLets all pray for his 100% recovery,

No comments:

Post a Comment